Wednesday, September 7, 2011

video: Battles - My Machines



Very cool video for Battles' Gary Numan-assisted song from Gloss Drop. Poor stuntman.



One time when I was a kid I was going to the mall with my brother, mother, and aunt. On the way there, we were talking about how not 1 but 2 people had recently been in the news because they had been mangled by escalators when their clothes got caught in them and they were sucked in. Of course I still had to ride the escalator when I got to the mall. And of course I got my shoestring caught in it. It started pulling my shoe closer, and I knew I was about to get mangled.

Luckily a very large man came running at me with a knife out and sliced me free. Someone else hit the emergency stop on the escalator. I was so dumbstruck that I couldn't say a word, and just walked off. I didn't tell my mom about that until about 10 years later. I'm really careful around escalators now.

No comments: