Monday, October 17, 2011

video: Justice - Audio, Video, Disco



I was prepared to be disappointed with the new Justice album (also called Audio, Video, Disco). I heard a few of the early songs in camera-phone-at-a-concert form on YouTube, and they sounded bad even after taking the quality into account. I thought that the guys were partying too much, writing too little, and taking way too long for their follow-up. But I was wrong -- they did good. I think that Audio, Video, Disco might actually be a stronger album than . At the very least, there's no shitty Uffie song on it.

This song was the first I heard from the new album, the one that got me worried about their sophomore LP. It's still probably one of the weaker songs from the album, but it actually works pretty well as a coda. It brings the classic rock-influenced Audio, Video, Disco to a close quite nicely. The video is pretty rad too. I've had the album on repeat, check it out.

No comments: