Monday, October 17, 2011

preview: The Roots - Undun



The Roots are readying a new album, titled Undun, due out December 6th on Def Jam. It's the band's first concept album, with a running narrative about a character whose life goes to shit (my words, not theirs). Black Thought says it's like How I Got Over, but flipped, with the album going "from light to dark". Sounds good to me. ?uestlove says the music will be "moody cinematic," heavy on "orchestral chamber music with harder beats in it". I dig the sound of that as well.

Here's a mellow track featuring Big K.R.I.T. from the light part of the album. It's called "Make My".



Undun:
01 Sleep
02 Make My (feat. Big K.R.I.T.)
03 One Time
04 Kool On
05 The Jump
06 Stomp
07 Lighthouse
08 I Remember
09 Tip the Scale
10 Redford

No comments: